Klyn was born with Cystic Fibrosis and Doctors didn’t give her more than 14 years to live. She’s now 30 and has beaten the odds time and time again. She is somebody who has pushed herself over and over, from becoming a fitness fanatic, Zumba instructor, public speaker, entrepreneur and businesswoman, all while still suffering from a genetic disease that requires extended hospital visits on a regular basis.
She is the author of the book “I Am – The Untold Story of Success” and it’s an incredible message of grit, perseverance, and self-acceptance. She has become an advocate for encouraging others to go after their dreams no matter what obstacles lay in their path. She’s also been featured on countless podcasts, publications and even interviewed on US Nightly News with Lester Holt.
Links from the Episode
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene’ Brown
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree by Eric Barker
People and Mentors
- [00:04:05] So it’s a very interesting childhood growing up with that terminal disease and the things that people tell you-you can’t do. [00:04:11]
- [00:11:10] And I think that’s part of why I’m still alive is my dedication to being fed. [00:11:16]
- [00:15:52] I talk about the habits of highly successful entrepreneurs and surprisingly to me a lot of them have a habit as constant gratitude and reaching out and sharing why they feel so blessed are lucky or thankful. [00:16:07]
- [00:19:36] And I never wanted to sit back and wonder like you know what’s my goal and am I going to die before it happens. [00:19:44]
- [00:23:23] one study showed that we feel meaning in life when we think that we know ourselves. [00:23:27]
- [00:25:28] I do believe that you need meaning it’s something to latch onto because what else is there and really all we are all we are as humans as individuals as being girls are the lies we tell ourselves. [00:25:42}
- [00:35:55] I think that this is the beginning of some amazing things so I’m grateful you reached out after the event [00:36:02]
There are no revisions for this post.