ADMIT THAT YOU LACK MOTIVATION
- “To change the course of your life, choose one of two basic methods. You can either: 1) Direct your energy and attention trying to fix your mind, find your focus, affirm your power, free your emotions and visualize positive outcomes so that you can finally develop the confidence to display the courage to discover the determination to make the commitment to feel sufficiently motivated to do what it is you need to do, or 2) Just do it.”
- For instance, a lack of motivation may tell you that you need to:
*Clarify what you really want in life
*Complete unfinished business
*Declutter your physical environment
*Focus more on what you love doing
*Remove draining activities
*Let go of some toxic people in your life,
*Take better care of yourself
- Learning to separate pure facts from your interpretation of them will allow you to take a step back and observe your situation from a broader and more objective point of view. Remember, facts don’t create mental suffering—your interpretation of them does.
CLEAR UP SOME SPACE IN YOUR LIFE
- Declutter your mind to start motivating yourself. If your mind is cluttered, it is likely filled with:
- The only way you can ever change your future is through the actions you take in the present moment.
- You don’t need to carry the weight of your past or the responsibility of your future all the time. You can let go and realize that all you have to do is complete one task at a time. Doing your best in the present moment is enough. In fact, it’s the only thing you can ever do.